Tyson Fury has won the WBA, WBO and IBF world heavyweight titles by beating Wladimir Klitschko on points in Dusseldorf.
Here are seven amazing facts about Tyson Fury – the self-styled ‘Gypsy King’ of British boxing.
1. Fury was born into an Irish family and his father, John Fury, was a gypsy bare-knuckle fighter in the 1980s, who was subsequently sent to jail for 11 years in 2011 for gouging a man’s eye out.
2. He was born three months premature and weighed in at 1lb – and doctors described his chances of survival as slim.
3. His father named him ‘Tyson’ as world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson was in his pomp when Fury was born in August 1988.
4. Fury represented both Ireland and England at amateur level and won the ABA championship in 2008 before turning professional later that year.
5. Fury and his wife Paris got together at the age of 16 and have been married for the last six years. In true Irish traveller tradition, Fury abided by their strict code of conduct and slept in a caravan while Paris slept inside her parents’ home before they were married.
— Paris fury (@parisfury1) 27 Листопад 2015
6. The couple have a five-year-old daughter called Venezuela and three-year old son Prince. The couple revealed just before the fight against Klitschko that they’re expecting a third child.
7. A big Manchester United fan, Fury says his heroes Roy Keane and Eric Cantona inspired him to be more aggressive and stand out from the crowd.