Got $420,000? Conor McGregor shows off his luxury Rolls Royce Phantom

Conor McGregor has been continuing his preparations for this weekend’s showdown with Nate Diaz but the UFC star still found a spare moment to flaunt his wealth on Instagram.

2

3

Once upon a time UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor used to live on “the dole.” He had problems finding a decent career, he quit his job as an apprentice plumber. But now the UFC 196 headliner is one of the richest MMA fighters in the world.

In a recent set of Instagram posts McGregor showed off his luxury Rolls-Royce Phantom. According to the specs, the car has V12 engine with a displacement of 6.8 litres, possessing 453 horsepowers and an 8-gear automatic transmission. The estimated retail price starts at around $420 000.

In his two latest fights McGregor’s base UFC salary reached $500 000 for each appearance, not including undisclosed shares from PPV sales and other bonuses. Whatever the numbers though, it looks like being the main UFC draw at the moment is bringing McGregor all the possible benefits of his position.

The featherweight world champion steps into the octagon with the American in Las Vegas on Saturday night and the 27-year-old has been ensuring he is in top physical shape with a gruelling training regime.

But McGregor took time out of his busy schedule on Sunday night as he posed in front of his Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead, a model that would set you back in excess of £300,000.

4

5

McGregor took the opportunity at last week’s press conference ahead of the bout to mock Dos Anjos, insisting all he needed to do was some ice on his ‘bruise’.

‘I looked at the picture he put up and it’s a bruise,’ he said. ‘I hear ice works wonders. Dos Anjos has a bruise on his foot but if I jumped under an X-ray the doctor would say, what are you doing kid, stop this!

‘It’s a bruised foot! It’s called ice and ibuprofen. When you pull out with an injury like that there’s not much I can do to bring you back into the mix.’

The Diaz fight is another leap into the unknown for McGregor. The UFC confirmed 30-year-old Diaz would face McGregor at the welterweight limit of 170lb, a full 25lb heavier than the Irishman has previously fought at in the promotion.

6

Diaz has had just three fights since November 2013, including a defeat by Dos Anjos, but he called out McGregor in an expletive-filled rant following his latest victory over Michael Johnson last December.

7

He said: ‘Conor McGregor, you’ve taken everything I’ve worked for, motherf*****. ‘I’m a fight your f****** ass! You know what’s the real fight, the real money fight… me! Not these clowns you’ve already punked at the press conference!’