McGregor Shows Diaz Respect With Interesting Post, Says ‘No Rush’ On Trilogy Decider

Last month, Dana White suggested that he doesn’t see any sell-by date on the Conor McGregor – Nate Diaz trilogy decider.

“I think people would rather see Conor come back and either fight Tony [Ferguson] or Khabib [Nurmagomedov] – whoever wins [their fight on April 7th] – and the Nate Diaz fight isn’t going anywhere,” the UFC president told TMZ Sports. “We can do that thing anytime.”

McGregor, it seems, is in agreement – regarding the Diaz fight at least.

Taking to Instagram on Saturday, the Irish Pay-per-view star posted a series of training photos, in which he could be seen passing guard and transitioning to the mount during a session on the mats.

“Transitioning into full mount,” McGregor wrote alongside the pics. “The second most dominant position in fighting. After back mount top.”

This drew inevitable responses from those wishing to remind McGregor that he was mounted by Diaz in the dying seconds of their first fight at UFC 196 in March of 2016 and subsequently finished via rear-naked choke.

Unusually, McGregor decided to respond directly to one of these comments, offering words of respect for Diaz and assuring the Stockton slug n’ sub specialist that they will meet again, but only when the time is right. ‘The Notorious’ one also went the route of killing his needler with kindness.

“Like what [Nate Diaz] did to you yeaaaaa that’s the one! I like his example better,” read the comment.

“Exactly,” responded McGregor. “A truly beautiful position. The most intense position to be in under the lights of the entire world. Try and imagine what it would feel like. Amazing. Respect to Nate always and our trilogy will be special when we do it 100%. There is no rush [Nate Diaz] our trilogy will show true to us for what we are. Warriors. And respect always to you as a fan Jesse, and the fans all around the world who support and recognise