Nate Diaz says he’s training only for Conor McGregor despite Dana White’s claims that the Irishman won’t fight at UFC 200.
McGregor was pulled from the card earlier this week for making it clear he had no intention of fulfilling his media commitments and promoting the fight in the build-up to the event.
And, speaking ahead of UFC 197 in New York this weekend, White said there has been no U-turn on that decision.
“Anybody who has fought for the UFC over the last 16 years knows that we try to give as much leeway as we can on things,” he said.
GettyMcGregor sent the UFC community into meltdown with this tweet on Tuesday
“But you have to show up to promote the fight. You have to show up to press conferences and shoot the commercials.
“I mean is it too much to ask to try to shoot a commercial or to do the promotion for the fight?
“A lot of these guys came from different parts of the world… Brazil and, er, New Jersey!
“But you know these guys all came when they had better things to do, because it’s part of the job. It’s what we do here.”
But despite White’s comments Diaz said he’s still preparing to meet the Notorious on July 9.
“I came to fight Conor McGregor and I don’t have too much interest in anyone else,” Diaz said.
“I’m training to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 200.”